Juventus vs Udinese: Preview and Prediction
Juventus vs Udinese
2016/17 Italian Serie A.
Date: Saturday, 15 October 2016
Kick-Off: 19:45 UK,
Venue: Juventus Stadium (Torino).
Juventus resume domestic affairs with what appears to be a straightforward tie against Udinese at Juventus Stadium this Saturday.
Although the Zebrette did beat the Bianconeri in this same fixture last season – making history in the process – it’s highly unlikely that they will be so fortunate this time around. The visitors have won just one out of their last five games; by contrast, the hosts have only lost one in the same period of time.
If one is a Juventus fan, this weekend will surely make him or her happy. With Napoli and Roma – who are in second and third respectively – set to tussle at the Stadio Olimpico earlier on the same day, one of these two teams are set to drop points. Regardless of whatever happens in that game, La Vecchia Signora will remain on top of the table. And barring a shock collapse, the reigning Serie A champions will maintain at least a four point gap over their nearest opponent.
Exactly where Massimiliano Allegri will want to see his side ahead of their Champions League tie with Lyon. Juventus could be welcoming back key midfielder Claudio Marchisio, albeit not for the full 90. The 30-year-old, who has spent pretty much his entire professional career in a Bianconeri kit, has missed six months of action following an ACL injury and will have to be slowly reintegrated into the side. Stefano Sturaro is another who may resume action after his own long injury lay-off.
However, Mehdi Benatia, Kwadwo Asamoah, and Daniele Rugani are certainly out, and with European action coming up, Allegri will hope that Giorgio Chiellini’s calf problem is not too serious. As for Udinese, they will be missing Francesco Lodi, as well as likely Emil Hallfredsson and Silvan Widmer.
Juventus vs Udinese: Head-to-Head Statistics
- Juventus have won their last nine home games.
- Overall, the Bianconeri have won 32 out of their past 35 Serie A games.
- In their last 20 home games against teams ranked below them, Juventus have won 18 and drawn two.
- Udinese have won just out of their last 20 away games against teams ranked higher than them in the table.
- They have drawn the other seven and lost 12.
- The Zebrette have only won one out of their last six games versus Juventus, who have won all of the other five.
- Juventus have scored at least two goals in their last seven home Serie A games.
- They’ve also been leading at half-time and full-time in their past nine home league matches.
Juventus vs Udinese: Prediction
For all intents and purposes, Udinese are in for a tough 90 minutes. The Zebrette made history last season by beating Juventus at their home ground, but barring a shocking collapse, the Bianconeri should cruise to a very straightforward win here. Given that Massimiliano Allegri’s men have kept clean sheets in their last four games across all competitions, they will surely be looking to make it a fifth before taking on
Lyon next week. 3-0 for the hosts.
Juventus vs Udinese: Betting Tips
- Over 2.5 goals at 4/7 (1.57)
- Both teams to score – NO at 8/13 (1.62).