Luxembourg vs Sweden: Preview and Prediction
Luxembourg vs Sweden
European Qualifiers – 2018 World Cup
Date: Friday, 7th October 2016
Kick-off: 19:45 UK
Venue: Stade Josy Barthel, Luxembourg.
The Swedish side will be hoping to take advantage of Luxembourg’s poor form as they travel to face them at Stade Josy Barthel. Luxembourg have been running on a very poor performance, losing most of their recent games.
Luxembourg’s last victory was a 1-0 win against Greece in November 2015, they have gone on to lose 6 games afterwards. Luxembourg were unlucky not o come away with draw in their last game as a dying minute goal from A. Tonev condemned them to defeat
Sweden themselves haven’t been in a Superb form, but they are better than their host. They have been winless in their last 4 games, they last won a game June as they beat Wales 3-0 in a friendly game. They will be hoping to return to winning ways in this game as they aim to top the table should Bulgaria slip.
Luxembourg vs Sweden: Head to Head Statistics
- History records only 4 games between the 2 teams, and all are European Championship Qualifiers.
- Sweden are unbeaten against Luxembourg with 3 wins and a draw.
- Sweden have scored a total of 7 goals against Luxembourg and conceded just one goal.
- Sweden have kept clean sheets in 3 of their 4 meetings against Luxembourg
- The two teams last played against each other in 1999.
Luxembourg vs Sweden: Prediction
Both teams have not been n a good form, but Sweden are far better than their host Luxembourg. Sweden are currently win-less in their last 4 games, their last win was a friendly game against Wales in June. Sweden have lost 2 of their last 4 games and drawn 2. They have scored just 2 goals in their last four games.
Luxembourg have been in a losing streak since November 2015, they have lost their last 6 games. They have conceded at least 2 goals in their last 6 games.
It’s Sweden all the way in this game, and this could wake up their scoring appetite as they have been poor upfront recently.
Luxembourg vs Sweden: Bet Tips
- First Half Goals – Over 1.5 at 2.50 (5/6)
- Sweden to win First Half at 1.72 (8/11).