Paraguay vs Colombia: Preview and Prediction
Paraguay vs Colombia
South America – 2018 World Cup Qualifier
Date: Friday; 7th October 2016,
Kick-off at 1:30 UK
Venue: Estadio Defensores del Chaco, Asuncion.
Paraguay will play against Colombia at Estadio Defensore Del Chaco as the two teams hope to get back to winning ways.
Paraguay suffered a heavy defeat against Uruguay in their last game, they were beaten 0-4 away. They are currently on 6th position with 12 points, 4 points away from the table leaders. They have won 3 games, drawn 3 and lost 2 games so far in this campaign. A win in this game will lift them above there visitors in the table.
Colombia are among the top teams this campaign, they are currently 4th in the table 13 points. They have won 4 games drawn 1 and lost 3 throughout this campaign. A win in this game will put back on winning track and ensure their stay in the top 4.
Paraguay vs Colombia: Head to Head Statistics
- Colombia have dominated their previous games, they have won 9 games against Paraguay and lost 3.
- Paraguay have lost 4 of their 5 home games against Colombia and won 1.
- Colombia have dominated their last 6 games together, they have won 5 and lost 1 to Paraguay.
- Colombia are on a 4 game winning streak against Paraguay, they have scored at least 2 goals in their last 4 games against Paraguay
Paraguay vs Colombia: Prediction
Colombia are in a better shape than their host, they have won 3 of their last 5 games in all tournaments and lost 2. Also, they have kept clean sheets in 3 of their last 5 games.
Paraguay have won just once in their last 5, they have lost 3 and drawn. They have failed to score in 3 of their last 5 games in all tournament. They have a bad scoring form, as they have scored only 9 goals in their past 8 games.
I expect the visitors to take all 3 points despite playing away from, also expect the game to see a low scoring outcome.
Paraguay vs Colombia: Betting Tips
- Colombia to win at 2.63 (13/8)
- Under 2.5 goals at 1.70 (7/10).