Pescara vs Sampdoria: Preview and Prediction
Pescara vs Sampdoria
2016/17 Italian Serie A.
Date: Saturday, 15 October 2016
Kick-Off: 17:00 UK,
Venue: Stadio Adriatico-Giovanni Cornacchia (Pescara).
When will Pescara finally win a game on the pitch? That is a question the struggling teams fans must be asking themselves at the start of each round. So far, the only three points the newly promoted side have earned was due to Sassuolo’s administrative error.
In fact, they have picked up just two points from their last five games, and are only out of the relegation zone due to their slightly better goal difference than Palermo.
Meanwhile, the last time Sampdoria took on Pescara – in January 2013 – they crushed them by a 6-0 margin. However, they come into this game even worse off than their upcoming hosts. The Blucerchiati have just one point from their last five games, and in fact, were on a four-match losing streak before finally securing a gritty 1-1 draw with fellow strugglers Palermo. It still may be really early in the current campaign, but Marco Giampaolo’s side are already looking like they will be in the crop of sides battling to stay afloat.
The highlight, arguably, of Pescara’s season was drawing Napoli 2-2, but since then, it has been nothing but misery for the team and their fans. Both sides will be missing a couple of players: for the hosts, it’s Norbert Gyomber and Simone Pepe whilst the visitors are definitely without the services of Carlos Carbonero due to injury.
Pescara vs Sampdoria: Head-to-Head Statistics
- Pescara have scored just in one out of their last four matches.
- Sampdoria have lost five of their last six away games.
- The Blucerchiati also have conceded two or more goals during that time.
- Pescara have failed to win their last seven Serie A games.
- The Delfini have won just two out of their last 20 games against higher-ranked side (three draws, 15 losses).
- In their last 20 home games against teams positioned above them in the table, Pescara have won 2, drawn 3 and lost 15 of these matches.
- Sampdoria have won seven, drawn five, and lost eight out of their past 20 away fixtures against lower ranked teams.
Pescara vs Sampdoria: Prediction
Both teams will be desperate for all three points in this one. In the battle to avoid the drop, every single point will make a huge difference between now and the end of this season. Sampdoria’s bad away form could tip this one in favor of Pescara. Still, don’t discount Pescara’s own dismal showings, as they have yet to officially win a game this season. A draw – and a low-scoring one at that – could be a likely outcome for what will be a game devoid of entertainment.
Pescara vs Sampdoria: Betting Tips
- Draw at 23/10 (3.30)
- Under 2.5 goals at 6/5 (2.20).