Everton vs Tottenham: Preview and Prediction
Everton vs Tottenham
English Premier League 2016/17,
Date: Saturday, 13 August, 2016
Kick-off: 15:00 UK.
Venue: Goodison Park (Liverpool).
Everton first game of the season is a tasty clash with North London Rival at Goodison Park.
Everton will be going to the new season under the wings of Ronald Koeman. The Merseyside club experienced an inconsistent and torrid time last season. Roberto Martinez led 2015/2016 Everton team lost 8 games at home, finishing 11th on the Log.
Spurs have done little face lifting, and made few changes in the Squad that gave them a Champions League finish last season. Spurs took part in three pre-season games, lost 2, and won 1 with a very wide margin
Everton Vs Tottenham: Key Facts
- Everton are currently on 4 games winless run.
- Everton won their last 2 league games at home
- Spurs won 1 of their last 3 games.
- Spurs lost once in their last 5 league games away.
Everton: Team News
The biggest thing that happened to Everton during the pre-season will have to be the appointment Dutch man “Ronald Koeman” as their new manager, and the sale of John Stones for a whooping 42 million pounds.
In addition, Everton brought in fresh leg for the new season. Dutch goal keeper Maarten Stekelenburg, who joined from Fulham. While Chris Renshaw joined from Oldham, Bassala Sambou joined from Coventry, Ashley Williams joined from Swansea, and their biggest sign of the window just yet, Idrissa Gueye’ joined from Aston Villa.
Everton: Predicted Line-Up (4-2-3:1)
Stekelenburg: Baines, Mori, Galloway, Oviedo: Barry, Mccarthy: Cleverley, Barkley, Kone: Lukaku
Tottenham: Team News
Spurs have added 2 new names to their ranks so far. The North London side acquired the service of Victor Wanyama for £11m and also Vincent Janssen for £18.6m.
Moreover, Mauricio Pochettino will be without the services of Clinton Njie, Moussa Dembele, Son,and probably Jan Vertonghen for this big one on Saturday. Son is currently with the South Korean U-23 team in Rio.
Tottenham: Predicted Line-Up (4-2-3-1)
Lloris: Walker, Alderweireld, Carter-Vickers, Rose: Wanyama, Dier: Eriksen, Mason, Alli: Kane
Everton Vs Tottenham: Head to Head
Each of the two meetings in the last season’s Premier League between Everton and Spurs ended in a stalemates.
However, Everton and Spurs have locked horns 11 times in the last 6 years. Spurs recorded 4 win in the 11 meetings, compared to Everton 3.
Everton Vs Tottenham: Prediction
Everton finished strongly with their home game last season, winning 2 out of two, and going unbeaten in 3 league game at Goodison Park. Spurs on the other hand had a decent finish in their last 5 away games, but lost scandalously to Newcastle in six goals thriller.
This will be an evenly poised encounter, with an 80% chance of the clash settling in draw, and 20% chance of any of the 2 teams walking away with the maximum point.
Everton vs Tottenham: Tips
- Under 2.5 goals.
- Everton – Draw no bet